December 13, 2013

A litlte bit of Christmas and Some Closet Makeovers

I'm sure I've missed the boat on linking to all of the fabulous Christmas Home Tours once again this year.  But we have added quite a bit of Christmas around our downstairs and I promise to share it with you all.  Even if it's just one bit at a time.  That feels more realistic for me right now.  It's hard to really decorate for the holidays the way I want to do, because much like the rest of the year, I just don't have enough time or money to make it perfect.  I'm learning to find ways to make a big impact.  Like only decorating our living room and dining room.  Our new house has also caused me to fall in love with a traditional Christmas scheme so my glittery blue and silver modern ornaments and decor just don't work anymore. 


We have another secret little project going on behind the scenes here.  Matthew and I are working on a few closet makeovers including our master bedroom closet and the front hall closet I share with the kids.  We're using all wooden hangers to streamline the look.  Everything just looks nicer with better hangers.  I'm obsessed with OnlyHangers and can't wait to upgrade the kids hangers soon too!






16 comments:

  1. using the same hangers is key to have that pretty , organized look!! It makes the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove that swan/goose with the plaid scarf on his neck! Perfect!

    I'm a wooden-hanger only girl and converted myself and Brandon a few years ago and haven't been happier. I hate those dry clean hangers and the plastic ones break way too easily. Can't wait to see your reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closets look great! :) & I need to check on those hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to be organized. Yeah, I'm jealous of the closets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the post I needed today! I have also been working on closets and it is such a painful yet I know ultimately rewarding process! BTW I spy several things in your closet that I also own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel so much better when I get things organized...and I love your Christmas decor!! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swan. Good luck with the closets. There is nothing like starting out the new year feeling organized! We just have wooden hangers in our downstairs hall closets but I would love to use them in the rest of the house at some point.
    Cheers! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any good tips for the closet reorg? All of our closets need a good clean out! I actually love the black velvet hangers from Costco. They are thin, don't stretch out clothes and tres inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any good tips for the closet reorg? All of our closets need a good clean out! I actually love the black velvet hangers from Costco. They are thin, don't stretch out clothes and tres inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the tartan scarf on the swan - how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great organizing...so good to be able to see what you have in the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all those Big/Little Hunters in your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous of your amazing closets! And the clothes inside look gorgeous too!

    Xo, J
    http://www.georgiapeachmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a wooden hanger girl too- your clothes are so colorful!! I wear so much black and beige it's embarrasing. I'm hoping to score some good after Xmas deals on decor for next year so I can really do it up.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Loves, let's chat!