December 7, 2013

Birthday

It's my Birthday, Bitches.

I can't even being to talk with y'all about how blessed I feel today.  How blessed I've felt this year.  Things are good.  I've been hesitant to have a real down and dirty personal chat with y'all lately because I feel like those only work when we're commiserating together.  It's hard to pop the bubbly and say Cheers to me and the good life.  Because that feels like boasting.  And that's so not me.  Opening myself up to y'all about my struggles comes easy.  But not chit chatting about the good stuff. 

But after a challenging few years, I'm happy to report that I'm happy.  Things are good.  I'm focusing on that this year.  Counting the blessings.  Being thankful.  Not that there haven't been some rough times lately, I just feel better equipped to deal with them. 

I have a hard time not waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Life has taught me that there are so many obstacles that WILL come your way but steadying yourself for the winds doesn't make it any easier when they come.  So that's my little fireside chat for today.  It's late.  I'm exhausted.   And giddy.  When I wake up it will be my Birthday.  Cheers to that!

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday girl! I hope it's the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live it up mamma, you deserve it! Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to that, indeed! May this be your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the next year is even better! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful birthday and I hope you continue to have an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Julia! Have a wonderful day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your day and don't ever hesitate to spread the happy!!! Cheers to you and happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and I agree with Mallory, never be afraid to spread your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your day and hope the blessings keep coming:)

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!!! I agree...spread your joy! Hope this is a great year for you,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia -
    Well, one thing that is GOOD about getting older is you gain valuable perspective and appreciation for the good waves that inevitably come your way, and they lessen the power of the bad.....

    Enjoy your.....what? Late 20's????? You are a baby! Hope the AG doll arrived safe and sound.
    xo~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO happy that you're happy! HAPPY birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeay!! It is hard to feel happy and 100% in the moment. Happy Birthday. I hope it's wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday sweet Julia. I am of your biggest fans and you deserve all the happiness life has to offer. Enjoy your celebration and being an adult for the weekend! You certainly are blessed and I hope this next year brings you continued happiness! xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay Happy Happy Birthday!!!! That's the attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Loves, let's chat!